When babies are in their initial few years, appropriate toys change with every month. From mobiles to keys to stacking cups to sorting boxes, your baby wants more and more challenges. The good ladies at Moms Know Best got together over a cuppa & pitched in their suggestions to help us compile the top 10 toys we love for babies under the age of 2 years! So ladies, let’s get scrolling!!
1. Unicorn Baby play gym
How adorable is this pastel baby gym with such fun toys! These toys are hand washable, and we can’t get our eyes off the hanging toys in yummy sorbet hues. So get your baby working out in this beautiful baby gym. Bonus points on the charm it would add to your nursery.
- Four ways to play: overhead play, tummy time, seated play, playmate
- Four hanging toys of soothing and calming colours
SAFETY: Baby gym should only be used under an adult’s supervision
2. Fisher-Price Musical Lion Walker
Baby walkers are a great way for your baby to get off the floor time & get used to sitting upright & moving independently. However, walkers should be used only with paediatrician , to assure it’s the right toy for your baby, because each baby is different & grows differently.
We love this Musical Lion Walker.
- 2 “grow-with-me” ways to play: Sit & Play or Stand & Walk
- 8 different hands-on activities: Light-up nose, musical piano keys, peek-a-boo mirror, flip page, bat-at rollerball ears, clacker-bead toes, spinning dial, slider butterfly
- Steadies first steps! Lights, sounds & music play as new walkers push lion along
- Sturdy 4-wheel base
3. Musical Mobile
Too much colour is over stimulating for the baby. That’s why, we can’t emphasise enough on the importance of buying them a few neutral toys to balance out. This adorable baby mobile can be attached on the top of the baby crib, for some light baby giggles. The soothing music is the cherry on top, that your baby is going to fall in love with.
4. Little Tikes 2 -in- 1 Snug ‘n Secure Grow With Me Swing
This cute little swing is designed to give your infant a safe yet fun swinging experience.
- The hinged T-bar in front of the seat safely locks the legs, while the small frame ensures that the baby sits firmly on the seat.
- The shoulder straps further make the baby sit firmly on the seat.
- As your baby grows and learns to sit comfortably on the swing, you can remove the T-bar and safety straps as per their comfort.
5. Homofy Baby Toys Musical Learning Table
Our favourite are toys that let the baby learn & have fun at the same time, like this musical learning table that’s now going to be your baby’s best friend.
- Learning & Education: This beautiful toy is for babies from 6 to 12 months up, lights up and allows them to freely play while listening to fun sounds and introduces baby to colours. Make them explore the world of sounds, songs and instruments such as the piano.
- Music & light function: When the baby rotates the colourful gear, 3 gears will rotate together, and play different music. The light on the animal will flash beautiful lights at the same time. This stimulates the child’s curiosity, encouraging the baby’s colour recognition and hand-eye coordinated development. The volume adjustable button allows to meet different environment needs.
6. Activity Cube | 6 in 1 Multipurpose Play Center
This cube is the maze that is going to keep your baby entertained for hours & in multiple ways. Imagine 6 toys fit in 1, the goodness was just too much for us to resist.
- Let baby learn through playing : The 6 pieces are assembled to be played in different ways( Package gives more ways for fun), which can bring up baby’s imagination, train their ability of reasoning and hand-eye coordination.
- More fun with each side : Empower your baby with the skills needed with musical (3*AAA not included), animal natural sound, mirror, rotating rattles, shape colour sorter, beads maze, time learning clock etc. Great early development toys encourage your child to recognize shapes, colours, animals, time and develop fine motor and social development skills.
- Safety always comes first, mom’s priority choice : CPSIA, ASTM,and EN 71 (EUROPEAN TOY SAFETY STANDARD) Approved. All of the are Non-BPA, no odour, without phthalates, lead. Smooth surface and round edge design without burr, avoid the hazard of baby’s health and development from physical and chemical causes.
7. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Game & Learn Controller
This toy lets you introduce your baby to the alphabet, numbers, shapes, and colour. The toy can be a good choice if your baby likes listening to different sounds.
- It has two musical settings for playing and learning. Phrases and songs are played when the baby presses the buttons.
- It makes the baby use his fingers to press, hold, and spin, which improves his motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity.
- It is a lightweight and colourful joystick toy that is safe and interactive for the baby to play with.
8. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy
Babies generally respond to music and different sounds. This musical toy can offer musical entertainment to your baby.
- It offers seven different melodious tunes.
- The musical tones help improve the cognitive abilities of the baby.
- The toy is colourful, lightweight, and easy to hold.
9. Llama Stuffed Animal
Adorned with a flower crown, this sweet plush llama is perfect for your little one.
- Premium material
- Certified compliant with all USA child safety standards
- This Llama stuffed doll has a soft blanket
10. The First Years Disney Baby Bath Squirt Toys, Finding Nemo
Babies enjoy playing in the water. And if they find colourful toys, they can have more fun. This baby bath set of toys comes with three squirt toys for your baby boy to play with while having a bath.
- The three squirt toys, Nemo, Dory, and Turtle are inspired by the popular movie ‘Finding Nemo’.
- The toys are easy to grip and can help improve the baby’s finger and hand movements.