In the current scenario, parents want their kids to be exposed to a lot of new things. Right from being multi-linguistic, to learning robotics, coding, and martial arts to gymnastics, there is an array of classes available at their disposal.
To keep up with current trends, children do not get the time just to be themselves and enjoy their childhood. They, thus, eventually get bored, lack contentment, feel lonely, and are even depressed in some cases.
Then where is the balance? How does one maintain a sense of awareness of everything around them and remain connected to their inner-self?
‘Yoga’ is certainly among one of the right answers you’re looking for.
Yoga is recognized all over the world, the primary reason being it not only focuses on one's physical well-being but also nurtures emotional, mental, and spiritual connection. It is about exercise and movement from a place of self-love, of loving your body so much that you want to nurture and respect it.
BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR YOUR KIDS
- When you practice yoga, it brings you to an understanding that all you have is the ‘present moment’. This helps to manage those emotions that want to take your energy to the past or future. The skill of being mindful and present from an early age will help your kids build gratitude for life’s blessings and gather resilience through life’s challenges.
- The breath work, postures, and moving meditation of yoga is an amazing tool to manage stress. If your little ones have this in their survival tool kit from an early age, they will be able to overcome the challenges of today’s stressful world in a much better way.
- Yoga allows you to connect with yourself on a soulful level, to become aware of the life force within you, to awaken your intuition, and to raise your vibrations. Imagine giving your child these gifts from an early age, for them to be able to deeply connect with these elements of themselves and carry that connection throughout their lives.
- Yoga can be done together. In fact, we 10/10 recommend it as a great bonding exercise (see what we did there?). By doing yoga as a family you don't just include fitness in each of your daily lives, you also inculcate the importance of discipline. Kids are highly impressionable and often, they do as they see. This way, you set a good example and squeeze in some time to bond with each other too.
- Kids motivate kids. If there's one in the group who's doing something, chances are that the others will follow. And Yoga is an excellent group activity. Imagine- all kids getting fit together!
Are you raising a Yoga kid yet? If not, we hope this article helps you take the first step towards raising one!