Protecting a child against weight problems in their early years (as well as prior to birth, by following healthy habits when pregnant) ensures a lifetime of health and wellness advantages.
- Kids should be physically energetic at the very least 60 mins daily. So make sure your child stays active daily with enjoyable tasks such as swimming, bike riding, skating, dancing, taking a stroll around the neighbourhood, playing basketball or ball games.
- Enhance healthy and balanced eating such as preparing well-balanced meals and also healthy and balanced treats. Allow the kids to learn to pick the healthiest choice in school canteen’s menu. Get the kids help with the planning and preparing of meals and also snacks.
- Support the school system to encourage their students to drink water or healthier fresh juice. Enforcing the goodness of balanced meal and healthier eating habits when making a choice from the school’s canteen menu can be a great turning point for your child’s health.
- Support a healthy and balanced lifestyles by encouraging kids to take part in activities with friends, rather than screen time, and also encourage kids to speak up as well as request for much healthier snacks.
- A powerful example for your child is to be active yourself. You can set a good example by going for a walk or bike ride instead of watching TV, playing a video game, or surfing the Internet. Playing ball or jumping rope with your children shows them that being active is fun.
We have covered the most 5 fun activities to introduce to your child. These activities will not only kill the obesity problem, but will also polish multiple skills of your child.
1. THE MARTIAL ARTS
First of all, one of the activities that many parents choose as a sport for their children is the martial art. There are several styles of martial arts, which depend on the age and purpose to be achieved. With this type of exercise, in addition to having fun and losing weight, the child learns discipline, respect, perseverance, control of the body, and self-defence.
But, it is convenient to inculcate the importance of stretching and warm-ups before beginning any physical activity (in this case, martial art). In this way, injuries will be avoided, and help maximize effort and results. Martial arts are high-performance sports, which help you burn calories and lose weight naturally within a few months.
2. FOOTBALL (SOCCER)
Football is the sport and hobby par excellence of children. Just take a look at playtime on any schoolyard to see how they enjoy this physical activity. Although there are other very good alternatives, football is a very effective sport to combat childhood obesity.
In addition, football encourages teamwork, speed and dexterity, strategy and intelligence. Another advantage is that it is usually practiced in open air spaces. In this way sedentary attitudes are avoided, and children are invited to leave the sofa at home.
For sure, swimming is an ideal sport for any age, but in children it is especially recommended. The fact of turning physical activity into a game means that it is not an obligation and therefore there will be more motivation to practice it.
It is essential that a qualified adult continuously supervise the child’s swimming activity, especially if it is a private pool where there are no monitors.
On the other hand, swimming is one of the most complete sports in which the whole body is exercised. Aside from losing weight, it helps you to have more self-confidence when wearing your swimsuit with the rest of the kids.
4. JUMP ROPE
One of the traditional games that most burns calories is jumping rope. It’s no wonder that boxers around the world include the rope in their workouts. Through the continuous jumps with the rope, one works the abdominal muscles, the legs, the resistance, and improves the performance of the heart.
Surprisingly, this game has evolved a lot in recent years. The use of music to accompany the activity helps to make it more enjoyable. The sense of rhythm, coordination, endurance, and psychomotricity are worked out at the same time.
5. HULA HOOPING
How fun is this one. It consists of making a plastic ring spin around the waist without falling on the floor. For this, you can only use the hip movement. And it is precisely this movement that makes this game a very interesting exercise to combat childhood obesity.
Although it is a game very associated with girls, the truth is that it is beneficial for anyone. There are also modalities of rhythmic gymnastics in which a similar rim is used to do the exercises. With the hula hoop we work especially on coordination, flexibility, endurance, rhythm and balance, while losing weight playing.